How to Submit Content to Auto Dealer Monthly
Auto Dealer Monthly welcomes unsolicited copy each month for consideration for publication. The best pieces will focus narrowly on a topic offering a solution to a problem or challenge in the dealership. Auto Dealer Monthly is edited for auto dealers or those in the dealership with the job title of General Manager or higher. Publishing and editorial decisions are based on the editor’s judgment of the quality of writing, the timeliness of the article and the potential interest to readers of Auto Dealer Monthly.
All copy submitted to Auto Dealer Monthly is subject to edit without review or approval of submitter. Auto Dealer Monthly retains all reprint rights for content selected to be published in print and selected copy may be used in whole or in part in digital/electronic media. For content selected for digital/electronic publication only, the author will share reprint rights with Auto Dealer Monthly.
Selected content may be used in whole or in part and distributed in print or digital media including on other sites owned and operated by Auto Dealer Monthly, other sites not owned or operated by Auto Dealer Monthly but deemed to be an appropriate fit and on social media sites. Content titles, excerpts, quotes, or summaries may be published to other sites owned and operated by Auto Dealer Monthly, other sites not owned or operated by Auto Dealer Monthly but deemed to be an appropriate fit such as social media sites and linked back to where the copy resides on the Auto Dealer Monthly sites.
• Submit all content via e-mail to Editor@AutoDealerMonthly.com
, as an attachment in a Word or rtf format, with subject line of email of "Article for Consideration"
• All content should be exclusive (i.e. never published or submitted for publication); if it is not exclusive it should be clearly marked upon submission.
• Working titles and the author's name should be at the top of the page.
• Submission should be no more than 800 words, unless authorized in advance.
• A short bio and headshot of the author should be sent with the copy
• Advertorial will not be accepted for publication. Vendors are welcome to purchase an ad page to run that type of copy.
Best Practices of Successful Submissions:
• Write to the correct audience - upper management of the dealership
• Minimize content written in 1st person.
• Content is written at a 10th- through 12th-grade reading level.
• Have a single point or theme
• The lead, or first sentence or paragraph, should be easy to read and grab the reader’s attention.
• Text should be black and basic font of New Times Roman or Arial.
• Put one space between paragraphs. Please do this manually versus via Word’s formatting options.
• A/P writing style
• Entire document should be single-spaced
• No paragraphs indents
• The use of bold, italicized or underlined formatting and capitalization should be minimal.
• Paragraphs should typically be 75 words or less.
• Do not include emoticons (i.e. :-) or ?) in your writing.
• Do not embed a chart/graph/graphic/image/etc. in the Word document, we cannot use it. Charts, graphs, or images should be submitted as separate attachments, high resolution (300 dpi) when possible and in one of the following formats – JPEG, TIFF, PDF, EPS or PSD. If a created chart is needed, the raw Excel file is permissible.
All content is subject to the proofing and editing process of Auto Dealer Monthly. Content may be edited for grammar, style, clarity or length.
When will my copy run if chosen?
Depending on when your submission arrives it may take up to one week for it to be reviewed for publishing potential. If at the end of that time frame you have not heard from Auto Dealer Monthly, feel free to follow-up. Once a decision is made on the submission, Auto Dealer Monthly will notify the author of the status including what media it is expected to run in/on and when it will run. The media type and time frame are subject to change as shifts are made in the production process.